Skip to main content

Straight Shot

Note: Start reading at "The Why"

What Happened:
Today was  a normal day. By normal I mean feet burning, legs hurting blah blah blah. I went to work, taught a boot camp class then went to another fitness class. On the way to the class my body felt really odd. My face was a little numb feeling and the left side of my neck had like a shooting pain going up. I just massaged it and shook it off. I started class and begin to jump. There was a sharp pain that went from my left heel to my hip. It startled me and I stopped briefly. It actually scared me. My left arm went numb. I tried to keep smiling and just instruct so that the class couldn't tell I was in excruciating pain. I attempted to turn around and give a que and the pain shot straight up from my foot to the top of my head. I was absolutely terrified. I knew then I could not continue the class. I stood very still and told the class that I was sorry but I would have to end class. Luckily two of my three original members who had been there from when I started teaching were in class tonight. I told them what happened and that I could not move my left side. They helped me to the car and drove me home. I attempted to jump from the garage up the step into the house....fail! I almost fell! 😁😁😁It's ok you can laugh. I did. They did too. So after they got me into the house and onto the couch, well halfway on the couch, they called my mom. This was very much against my wishes but I guess I couldn't be alone. My mom came as well as my nephew. They stayed with me for a long time until I  basically had to assure her I would be fine and she could leave. She left at about midnight. I crawled with one leg to the bathroom and pulled myself up, I even washed my hands. I felt so accomplished. I crawled to my room, changed my clothes and went back to the couch and slept well.

How I felt:
At the beginning of this post,in case you missed it, I was TERRIFIED!! I was scared that this would be the night whatever this is took me out! Or that I wouldn't be able to walk, or talk or move my hands.. After I went to the bathroom and re-found independence I felt proud. I also felt blessed to have friends in my class that are true friends and a mom who will drop whatever without being asked. I am so incredibly blessed beyond measure! God is good and I know He did not bring me this far to leave me now.   I know my healing is on the way.

Comments

  1. There's a song titled "Bigger" and all she's simply saying is God you are BIGGER than anything that I/we may face!! One thing I know he's still in the healing business and all it takes is one touch from him. Our God is Bigger, Better, Greater!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a song titled "Bigger" and all she's simply saying is God you are BIGGER than anything that I/we may face!! One thing I know he's still in the healing business and all it takes is one touch from him. Our God is Bigger, Better, Greater!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Lining

Silver lining- a term used when you want to emphasize the hopeful side or remain optimistic The past few days have been rough. Yesterday was rough for my body and today along with my body my mind/emotions decided to escape me. I honestly am tired. I am tired of hurting. I am tired of pretending Im ok. I'm tired of smiling on the outside but feeling empty on the inside. I am just tired.  Today like many others I went to work, helped change lives. Then I taught my fitness class to help women reach their goals. One woman reported she had lost 13lbs in the last 3 weeks. I am truly happy for her and this is why I push through it. Today I am having a hard time finding the silver lining of my situation. Today my body is better than it was yesterday so I have just tried to focus on this fact. However the shooting random pains in my feet when I walk, my face when I talk and my back when I breathe have really taken a toll on me. My everything hurts. I punched the air in a routine and I had

The Day My Life Changed

What Happened: It's funny they say you don't remember a traumatic event, well I remember! (Yes I know compared to some my event is not horrible but for me it has been) Feb 10th started off as a normal Friday. I went to work as normal, taught an aerobic class and went to Wal-Mart. After being in Wal-Mart approximately 20 min and standing in a VERY long line my calf muscles begin to burn on both legs. Of course when you workout as much as I do you go through shoes pretty frequently, with this in mind I figured that I just needed new shoes. The pain and burning got so bad...I took them off. After checking out I hobbled to my car. I took my passenger by Wendy's (which we did every Friday after class). At this point I still felt a little pain in my legs but overall just felt weird. With driving 3/4 mi from the drive through while eating a french fry (healthy right?😏) my jaw locked up. I was completely unable to move it. I tried to keep a calm face even though I was freake