Skip to main content

Hello everyone!!

Hey guys, If you are new to the blog please start reading at "The Why"

Its been such a long time since I have blogged. I want to update you guys since my last post.

Medical:
I now have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and a trace of Lupus. I am seeing a family practitioner, a Neurologist and a Rheumatologist. I have been prescribed Amitriptyline, Lyrica and Tramadol+Tylenol. I am also taking Vitamin D and Vitamin C. I recently added Tumeric and Zyflamend.

If you are feeling lost, don't be!! Last year I did not have a diagnosis and the doctors were just treating a host of symptoms. My symptoms started in November this time.  I had pain radiating from my vagina down my left leg to the bottom of my foot. I went to the gynecologist and had several test run as well as a procedure to test the skin. All test came back normal and didn't explain my pain. At the beginning of February my arm begin to have pains and right leg. At this point I decided to contact my Rheumatlogist because the symptoms were almost identical to last years episode. Upon the returned call I learned that I was diagnosed with a trace of Lupus (not sure what this is) and Fibromyalgia LAST YEAR! Yes that is right!!! Last Year my doctor gave me a diagnosis yet failed to tell me. So I have not had treatment or pain since June of last year. To say I was livid is an understatement.....However, I digress. My Rheumatologist would not see me until I saw my family doctor (PCP). While waiting to see him I found my old Neurontin and started taking it to try and help alleviate the pain.  It did not help! I went to Urgent Care and was given a steroid and Toradol shot as well as Toradol pills to make it until I saw my PCP. This helped tremendously!! My doctor put me on Lyrica and Tramadol+Tylenol for the pain.

Personal:
I am still single and happy with no children and no free time. Lol. I do have a close friend of the opposite sex, a very supportive family and great friends. I am back in graduate school working on my second Masters to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. I have changed places of employment but stayed in the wonderful field of helping children with extreme behaviors and special needs. I am also still teaching fitness classes three times a week. I love what I do, I love the people in my life and I am completely head over heels in love with my life right now!! (Although this pain is making it less fun)

Comments

  1. But this doctor tho!!! I'm sure not knowing was mentally exhausting. Thank God he is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Lining

Silver lining- a term used when you want to emphasize the hopeful side or remain optimistic The past few days have been rough. Yesterday was rough for my body and today along with my body my mind/emotions decided to escape me. I honestly am tired. I am tired of hurting. I am tired of pretending Im ok. I'm tired of smiling on the outside but feeling empty on the inside. I am just tired.  Today like many others I went to work, helped change lives. Then I taught my fitness class to help women reach their goals. One woman reported she had lost 13lbs in the last 3 weeks. I am truly happy for her and this is why I push through it. Today I am having a hard time finding the silver lining of my situation. Today my body is better than it was yesterday so I have just tried to focus on this fact. However the shooting random pains in my feet when I walk, my face when I talk and my back when I breathe have really taken a toll on me. My everything hurts. I punched the air in a routine and I had

Straight Shot

Note: Start reading at "The Why" What Happened: Today was  a normal day. By normal I mean feet burning, legs hurting blah blah blah. I went to work, taught a boot camp class then went to another fitness class. On the way to the class my body felt really odd. My face was a little numb feeling and the left side of my neck had like a shooting pain going up. I just massaged it and shook it off. I started class and begin to jump. There was a sharp pain that went from my left heel to my hip. It startled me and I stopped briefly. It actually scared me. My left arm went numb. I tried to keep smiling and just instruct so that the class couldn't tell I was in excruciating pain. I attempted to turn around and give a que and the pain shot straight up from my foot to the top of my head. I was absolutely terrified. I knew then I could not continue the class. I stood very still and told the class that I was sorry but I would have to end class. Luckily two of my three original members

The Day My Life Changed

What Happened: It's funny they say you don't remember a traumatic event, well I remember! (Yes I know compared to some my event is not horrible but for me it has been) Feb 10th started off as a normal Friday. I went to work as normal, taught an aerobic class and went to Wal-Mart. After being in Wal-Mart approximately 20 min and standing in a VERY long line my calf muscles begin to burn on both legs. Of course when you workout as much as I do you go through shoes pretty frequently, with this in mind I figured that I just needed new shoes. The pain and burning got so bad...I took them off. After checking out I hobbled to my car. I took my passenger by Wendy's (which we did every Friday after class). At this point I still felt a little pain in my legs but overall just felt weird. With driving 3/4 mi from the drive through while eating a french fry (healthy right?😏) my jaw locked up. I was completely unable to move it. I tried to keep a calm face even though I was freake