Skip to main content

Why is it so cold Wednesday

Note: Start at "The Why"

Hey guys! Its been a while since I've blogged. I apologize. 

Monday:
Monday was not a good day. My pain level was 7/10. I managed to work and teach my fitness class. I had groceries from Sunday that I was not able to cook so I snacked most of the day. After work I was able to finish the bottom part of my hair as I am doing a natural protective twist style. I did about 10 twist which took about 2 hours. Toward the end of the section I was doing my left hand begin to cramp really bad. My palm was beginning  to swell and hurt (see picture below). I went to my cousins softball game. The weather was cool not cold. I stayed about 40 mins but had to leave early to teach my fitness class. Walking to my car I noticed my toes on both feet were frozen and numb. I cut the heat up high in my car but it didn't help. I taught my class, did jumps and gave high and low impact options. Every time I finish a class I thank God and my body for making it through. My toes were still frozen on my left side but my right  side was thawing out. I could not wait to get home. My entire body hurt. I took my meds and got in the bed. As I was dozing off I heard my doorbell ring. I was a little scared and instantly thought "my fingers are hurting too bad to put my bullets in my gun, Lord please don't let it be anything serious" I peeked through my kitchen window and saw a familiar car. It was my guy friend. I ran (quickly..as quick as I could) to the door, opened it and hugged his neck. He was here, to hold me, to console me, to just be him..for me and at that moment that was absolutely everything! We laid in bed in the dark and talked and he held me and it was so nice. If I could I would spin in circles and dance with unicorns but since I cant and unicorns arent real I will just  #girlytwirl #swoon #AllTheFeels. Monday was a great night!

                                        
Tuesday:
I woke up Tuesday with a swollen hand, arm on fire and a heart full of joy from last night. Tuesday was a pretty chilled day. I worked, worked, showed off a little to my boss about the kid I work with in the afternoons. The child did amazing and surprised me and my boss. This is a reminder of why I do what I do. Seeing a kid make progress and knowing its because of me makes walking in pain, crying in the middle of the night, working through burning skin all worth while. Life is good. After work I showed my vehicle that I'm selling and then begin prepping my meals. Lol I have had these groceries since Sunday but just haven't had the strength to cook. Although my hands were hurting and swollen I still had to chop up squash and clean the kitchen.  I did an easy meal where I chop it up pour it in the crockpot and forget about it. I also made some peanut butter and flaxseed meal cookies for when I want something sweet. I finished the kitchen then got in the bed. Although I didn't fall asleep until 11 it was still nice laying down. I woke up around 12,2 and 4 in pain. I checked the weather to begin  to think about what I was going to wear the next day. Crap!!! Its going to be cold. My neck is hurting and feels tired. I am aware that I have a fairly large head but geez louise today it feels bigger and my neck is just done holding it up! My neck has grown weary in well doing.  Its ok to laugh..I am! I shared my photo of my hands with my facebook group and so many of them have had to give up doing things they love because of this randomness. I am thankful that mine is not that bad.


Wednesday (Today):
While still in the bed I checked  the weather once more although I already  knew it was going to be cold from the way my body felt. Not only is it cold but the temp is dropping. I became so angry at the fact that it was cold, my body was already hurting and I had to go to work. UGHHH! I found some leggings to put on under my jeans, a longsleeve shirt to wear under my jacket that i'm wearing as a shirt under my jacket and two pairs of socks. I also found my hand and feet warmers that my mom bought me last year. Thank God I still have them.  I decided to tell 4 of my co-workers that I work closely with. I feel slightly relieved that at least someone at work knows so I am not just alone. I don't want them to change the way they view me or the way they act around me but it is nice to know they know. Currently my feet and hands are swollen, my feet are on fire, my left ankle feels as if it is breaking when I walk, my fingers and arms hurt, and the skin on my right shoulder down to my wrist is on fire. It hurts to touch my body and pain is just shooting in random spots. I have a headache and the skin on my face hurts and I am nauseous on top of all that.  I am hungry and I am angry that I am having to feel like this today. I keep trying to be positive but today it is hard! I have to work all day, show my car then I have class tonight and ughhhh its just going to be a long damn day. And IT IS SOOOO COLD. Fudgecrackers! Apple jacks! Sugarplums! I want some oreos to make me feel better but I guess I will settle for the gluten free p.b/flaxseed cookies I made. FYI they aren't good but I guess they will get the job done. UGH. Hopefully I will be able to change my mood......hopefully!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Lining

Silver lining- a term used when you want to emphasize the hopeful side or remain optimistic The past few days have been rough. Yesterday was rough for my body and today along with my body my mind/emotions decided to escape me. I honestly am tired. I am tired of hurting. I am tired of pretending Im ok. I'm tired of smiling on the outside but feeling empty on the inside. I am just tired.  Today like many others I went to work, helped change lives. Then I taught my fitness class to help women reach their goals. One woman reported she had lost 13lbs in the last 3 weeks. I am truly happy for her and this is why I push through it. Today I am having a hard time finding the silver lining of my situation. Today my body is better than it was yesterday so I have just tried to focus on this fact. However the shooting random pains in my feet when I walk, my face when I talk and my back when I breathe have really taken a toll on me. My everything hurts. I punched the air in a routine and I had

Straight Shot

Note: Start reading at "The Why" What Happened: Today was  a normal day. By normal I mean feet burning, legs hurting blah blah blah. I went to work, taught a boot camp class then went to another fitness class. On the way to the class my body felt really odd. My face was a little numb feeling and the left side of my neck had like a shooting pain going up. I just massaged it and shook it off. I started class and begin to jump. There was a sharp pain that went from my left heel to my hip. It startled me and I stopped briefly. It actually scared me. My left arm went numb. I tried to keep smiling and just instruct so that the class couldn't tell I was in excruciating pain. I attempted to turn around and give a que and the pain shot straight up from my foot to the top of my head. I was absolutely terrified. I knew then I could not continue the class. I stood very still and told the class that I was sorry but I would have to end class. Luckily two of my three original members

The Day My Life Changed

What Happened: It's funny they say you don't remember a traumatic event, well I remember! (Yes I know compared to some my event is not horrible but for me it has been) Feb 10th started off as a normal Friday. I went to work as normal, taught an aerobic class and went to Wal-Mart. After being in Wal-Mart approximately 20 min and standing in a VERY long line my calf muscles begin to burn on both legs. Of course when you workout as much as I do you go through shoes pretty frequently, with this in mind I figured that I just needed new shoes. The pain and burning got so bad...I took them off. After checking out I hobbled to my car. I took my passenger by Wendy's (which we did every Friday after class). At this point I still felt a little pain in my legs but overall just felt weird. With driving 3/4 mi from the drive through while eating a french fry (healthy right?😏) my jaw locked up. I was completely unable to move it. I tried to keep a calm face even though I was freake